- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup sherry
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash of red pepper
- 3 tablespoons fine, dry breadcrumbs
How to Make It
Soak chicken in sherry 1 hour; drain well, and set aside. Discard sherry.
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large saucepan over low heat; add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add half-and-half; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat. Add reserved chicken, and stir well.
Sauté mushrooms in remaining butter in a small skillet 3 to 5 minutes. Add mushrooms, parsley, salt, and pepper to chicken mixture; stir well. Divide chicken mixture among 8 scallop shells or ramekins. Top with breadcrumbs. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.