- 3/4 cup canned low-salt chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 4 (4-ounce) skinned, boned chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- calories 181
- caloriesfromfat 21 %
- fat 4.3 g
- satfat 0.9 g
- monofat 1.1 g
- polyfat 1.6 g
- protein 28.2 g
- carbohydrate 6.4 g
- fiber 0.8 g
- cholesterol 66 mg
- iron 1.9 mg
- sodium 264 mg
- calcium 26 mg
How to Make It
Combine the first 6 ingredients; stir well, and set aside.
Dredge the chicken in breadcrumbs. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add the chicken, and cook for 2 minutes on each side or until browned.
Add the broth mixture and mushroom slices to the skillet, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes or until the chicken is done. Remove chicken from the skillet with a slotted spoon; set aside, and keep warm.
Bring broth mixture to a boil. Cook for 4 minutes or until reduced to 1 cup. Spoon the sauce over chicken. Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.