Chicken with 40 Cloves of Garlic
Put this classic French comfort dish, Chicken with 40 Cloves of Garlic, on your weekly menu. Yes, it has 40 cloves of garlic but it delivers a mild flavor.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 478
- Fat: 30g
- Saturated fat: 9g
- Protein: 41g
- Carbohydrate: 12g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 146mg
- Sodium: 80mg
- 1 chicken, 3 1/2 to 4 lb., cut into 8 pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 40 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Rinse chicken pieces with cool water and pat dry. Season on all sides with salt and pepper.
- 2. In a Dutch oven, melt butter with oil over medium heat. When foam subsides, cook chicken, working in batches if necessary, turning often, until golden, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Pour off all but 1 Tbsp. fat. Add vegetables; cook, stirring often, until slightly softened, about 2 minutes. Pour in wine and cook, scraping up any browned bits, until liquid has almost evaporated, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add broth, garlic and rosemary. Season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- 3. Return chicken, skin side up, and any accumulated juices to pot. Cover and bake for 20 minutes. Remove cover; bake until juices have slightly reduced and garlic is very soft, about 30 minutes. (If mixture looks dry, add up to 1/2 cup broth.)
- 4. Transfer chicken to a serving platter. Use a fork to crush a few of the softened garlic cloves. Spoon sauce and vegetables over chicken and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note