Yield: Makes 12 (1 cupcake) servings
- 1 container (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- McCormick® Assorted Food Colors and Egg Dye
- cups flaked coconut
- 12 unfrosted cupcakes
- 12 plain donut holes
- 12 pieces candy corn or 6 orange jelly beans, halved lengthwise
- Miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1. Tint frosting yellow, using 18 drops yellow food color. Place coconut in resealable plastic bag. Add 12 drops yellow food color to coconut in bag; shake until coconut is evenly tinted.
2. Spread top of each cupcake with tinted frosting. Press opposite sides of each cupcake into tinted coconut. Spread donut holes with remaining frosting. Press a donut hole into top of each cupcake to form the chick's head.
3. Press coconut on top of the head for feathers. Insert a candy corn or jelly bean half into the face for the beak. Use the chocolate chips for the eyes.
Test Kitchen Tip: For ease in frosting donut holes, first insert small wooden skewer into donut. Use skewer as a handle when frosting donut. Invert frosted donut onto cupcake then remove skewer.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cakes/Frostings