Great for the Holidays with Rib Roast or Tenderloin
Chic Mac and Cheese
More From Oxmoor House
Total: 1 Hour, 45 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 4 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 pound blue cheese, crumbled (we tested with Maytag)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh celery leaves
- 1 pound uncooked penne pasta
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add peppers and celery; sauté 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Sprinkle with salt. Set vegetables aside.
- Melt 1/2 cup butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Add flour, whisking until smooth; cook 1 minute. Gradually add whipping cream and half-and-half; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened. Whisk in celery seeds and white pepper. Remove from heat; add blue cheese, whisking until cheese melts.
- Whisk eggs in a medium bowl until lightly beaten. Gradually whisk about one-fourth of hot white sauce into eggs, whisking constantly; add to remaining white sauce, stirring constantly. Whisk in celery leaves.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and return to pan. Stir in vegetables and white sauce. Pour into a lightly greased 13" x 9" baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Casseroles