chianti mushroom risotto
- 1 whole(s) onion
- Chianti Mushroom Risotto
- Serves 4-6
- 4 C. chicken stock
- 1 lb. assorted mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbs. unsalted butter, halved
- 1 Tb. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 C. onion, finely chopped
- 2 C. arborio rice
- 1/2 C. Chianti
- 1/2 C. parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 Tb. fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- In a saucepan, bring stock to a steady simmer. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet and saut mushrooms until browned. Heat 1 tablespoon butter & oil in heavy 3-quart pot over moderate heat. Add onion & saut for 2-3 minutes, until softened not brown.
- Add rice; stir with wooden spoon until well coated, for 1 min. Add wine and stir until completely absorbed.
- Begin to add hot stock, 1/2 cup at a time, while stirring. Wait until each addition of stock is almost completely absorbed before adding the next 1/2 cup. (Reserve about 1 cup to add at the end.) Stir constantly to prevent sticking. Cook risotto for 18-22 minutes, adding stock as necessary, until the rice is al dente.
- Remove risotto from the heat and add the mushrooms, butter and parmesan. Stir vigorously to combine with rice.
- Place risotto in a serving bowls. Top with parsley and grated parmesan. Serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ms6431 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
chianti mushroom risotto Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes