Chia Fish Cakes
- 1 pound(s) Wild white fish chopped into small pieces
- 1/4 cup(s) bread crumbs (whole grain), plus extra to coat the cakes
- 1 tablespoon(s) ground chia seeds
- 3 tablespoon(s) water
- 1 cup(s) cilantro chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) garlic minced
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) ginger minced
- dash(es) salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon(s) coconut oil (or olive oil)
- In a small bowl combine the chia seeds and water and let it sit for about 10 minutes. It will form a gel that you will use to keep your cakes together. Chia is a great alternative to eggs that adds extra omega's, fiber and protein. If you don't have chia seeds you can use 1 organic egg.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a separate bowl combine the fish, breadcrumbs, cilantro, garlic, ginger lime juice, salt & pepper. Add the chia mixture and form into 4 cakes, squeezing out any excess liquid.
- Roll the cakes in bread crumbs to coat.
- Take a frying pan and warm up the coconut oil. Place the cakes in the pan and fry on each side for approximately 1 minute to toast the outside of the cake.
- Place the cakes in a baking dish and put into the oven for approximately 10 - 12 minutes.
- Serve with a slice of lemon.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by NCarriere and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note