Chewy Scotch Bars
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 (16-ounce) package light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Microwave first 3 ingredients in a 2-quart microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 1 1/2 minutes or until butter and chocolate melt, stirring twice.
- Stir together 1 cup melted butter and brown sugar. Add eggs, stirring until blended. Stir in chocolate mixture, flour, and next 3 ingredients. Pour into a greased 15- x 10-inch jellyroll pan.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool in pan on a wire rack; cut into bars. Serve with ice cream, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts