- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
- 4 1/2 cups uncooked regular oats
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup (6 ounces) red, white, and blue candy-coated chocolate pieces
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
How to Make It
Beat sugars and butter at low speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs and next 3 ingredients, beating until combined. Stir in oats and remaining ingredients.
Drop by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
Bake, in batches, at 350° for 15 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used red, white, and blue M&Ms.