- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 6 whole pitted dates, coarsely chopped
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup golden cane syrup (such as Lyle's Golden Syrup)
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- calories 159
- fat 7.1 g
- satfat 3.5 g
- monofat 2.1 g
- polyfat 0.9 g
- protein 2.1 g
- carbohydrate 26.6 g
- fiber 2.3 g
- cholesterol 10 mg
- iron 1.1 mg
- sodium 52 mg
- calcium 32 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 325°.
Line a 9-inch square metal baking pan with parchment paper; coat with cooking spray. Place juice and dates in a food processor; pulse until dates are finely chopped.
Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in date mixture, syrup, and salt. Remove date mixture from heat. Cool 5 minutes. Stir in oats, cherries, chocolate, and sesame seeds. Spoon oat mixture into prepared pan. Using wet hands, carefully press the mixture into the corners of the pan.
Bake at 325° for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 10 minutes. Place pan in refrigerator; cool 20 minutes. Invert oat mixture onto cutting board; cut into 16 squares.