Cookies turned out great, nice texture and good flavor.
Chewy Ginger Cookies
Prep: 15 minutes; Chill: 2 hours; Bake: 15 minutes.
Yield: Makes 20 servings (serving size: 1 cookie)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 112
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 21g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 17mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 100mg
- Calcium: 14mg
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1. Combine first 5 ingredients (through crystallized ginger) in a bowl.
- 2. Beat next 4 ingredients (through brown sugar) with an electric mixer at medium speed. Add dry ingredients; mix until just blended. Wrap in plastic; chill 2 hours.
- 3. Preheat oven to 350°. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
- 4. Fill 2 bowls: 1 with cold water, 1 with granulated sugar. Dampen hands in water; form a 1-inch ball of dough. Roll in sugar; place on baking sheet. Make cookies; place 3 inches apart and lightly flatten tops. Bake 13–15 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through. Remove from oven; cool 2 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note