Chewy Double Chocolate Cookies
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 1 cup(s) brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 2.5 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup(s) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 12 ounce(s) milk chocolate chunks
- Chewy Double Chocolate Cookies Recipe
- Save Print
- Prep time
- 10 minutes
- Cook time
- 12 minutes
- Total time
- 22 minutes
- Yield: 3 dozen cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F ( degrees C). Then, line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Add butter and sugars to a large bowl, turn a hand mixer to medium speed and beat until creamy, light and fluffy.
- Add one egg, then turn mixer to medium and beat until well incorporated. Add the second egg as well as the vanilla extract and beat until they are well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and the salt with a whisk. Whisk at least 6 to 10 times.
- With the hand mixer on low, slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. The cookie batter will become very thick. You only need to mix until everything has combined.
- Then, use a large knife to chop the chocolate into small chunks. Add the chocolate to the batter then use a spoon or spatula to stir in the chocolate.
- Drop cookie dough by rounded tablespoonfulls onto baking sheets (or use a medium cookie scoop). Bake 9 to 12 minutes or until the cookies have puffed a little and the tops are dry. Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by DrZippy and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chewy Double Chocolate Cookies Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies