I have been making these cookies for years, but always make them into ice cream sandwiches! They are so delicious! The kids love and request them every summer. Store bought doesn't compare once you have made them. They are very big, but are easily cut in half once frozen.....better size for the little kids. I like to make these cookies right before our beach trip and make them into sandwiches once we get there. Perfect after a hot day at the beach,
Chewy Chocolate Cookies
Turn these oversize cookies into ice-cream sandwiches by spreading 1/4 cup vanilla ice cream between them. Wrap individually, and freeze until firm.
Yield: 20 cookies
- 1 1/4 cups butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs and vanilla, beating until well blended.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; gradually add to butter mixture, beating at low speed until blended after each addition. Stir in pecans. Shape dough into 1 1/2-inch balls, and place on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 18 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool in pan 1 minute; remove to wire racks to cool.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts