Just took them out of the oven. Reading other reviews, I added an extra egg along with 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder. I also added some chocolate chips while ommiting the nuts. I tried baking it for 20mins but it was still soft inside so added an extra 5mins. They're moist, not like a brick. A little bland though. Next time I will add the nuts. I will make them again.
Chewy Blonde Brownies
Photo: Lee Harrelson; Styling: Jan Gautro
Chewy Blonde Brownies are the delicious cousins of chocolate brownies and are easy to make with ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen.
Yield: 3 dozen
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Combine butter and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl, mixing well. Add egg and vanilla, beating well.
- Sift together flour, soda, and salt in a small mixing bowl. Gradually add to creamed mixture, stirring well. Stir in pecans. Spread mixture in a greased 9-inch square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Cool and cut into 1 1/2-inch squares.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note