I had these at a party last night and they were fabulous. A friend brought them so I jumped online to find the recipe. Will make them soon. They are a very fancy brownie for special occasions.
Chewy Almond-Fudge Bars
Coconut candy bars and toasted almonds give this brownie its personality. If you like firm bars, chill them.
Yield: 2 dozen
- 1 (19.8-ounce) package chewy fudge brownie mix
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 14 miniature dark chocolate coconut candy bars, chopped (1 1/4 cups)
- 3/4 cup chopped natural almonds, toasted
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions, reducing vegetable oil to 3 tablespoons; pour into a lightly greased 13" x 9" x 2" pan. Pour sweetened condensed milk over batter; sprinkle with chopped candy bars and almonds.
- Bake at 350° for 36 to 38 minutes. Let cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
- Note: For brownie mix, we used Duncan Hines. For minature dark chocolate candy bars, we used Mounds.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note