Yield: Serves 6 children
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup (about 2 ounces) grated white Cheddar
- 1 egg, beaten
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 26-ounce jar marinara sauce
- In a large bowl, gently combine the onion, beef, tomato paste, bread crumbs, Cheddar, egg, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Shape into 20 meatballs.
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the meatballs and brown on all sides, about 7 minutes total. Add the sauce to the pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 to 6 minutes, until the meatballs are cooked through. Divide the meatballs and sauce among individual plates.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes