Leo Gong; Karen Shinto
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled, vacuum-packed chestnuts
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Crème fraîche for garnish
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- 1. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions, celery, and 1 tsp. salt. Cook, stirring, until onion and celery have softened, about 5 minutes.
- 2. Add chestnuts, chicken stock, and bay leaves. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until chestnuts are soft, about 10 minutes.
- 3. Remove bay leaves and purée soup using an immersion blender (or whirl in batches in a blender or food processor). Add more salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Serve garnished with a dollop of crème fraîche and a sprinkle of chopped parsley if you like.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews