Chestnut and Red Cabbage Sauté
Serve a hefty 1/4 cup of this savory accompaniment over each slice of Brined Pork Roast.
This recipe goes with Brined Pork Roast with Chestnut and Red Cabbage Sauté
More From Oxmoor House
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup coarsely chopped mushrooms
- 2 cups coarsely chopped red cabbage
- 1 cup diced chestnuts from a jar*
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add onion, and sauté 3 minutes or until tender. Add mushrooms; sauté 2 minutes. Add cabbage and chestnuts; sauté 2 minutes. Stir in sugar and salt; cover and simmer 10 minutes or until cabbage is tender. Stir in vinegar.
- *Look for whole chestnuts sold in jars at Williams-Sonoma or other cook stores.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This