- 1 egg, well beaten
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound claw crab meat, drained and flaked
- 1 1/2 cups soft breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil
- Tartar sauce
How to Make It
Combine egg, mayonnaise, prepared mustard, butter, parsley, dry mustard, seafood seasoning, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl; blend well. Gently fold in crab meat.
Shape mixture into 8 patties; roll each in breadcrumbs. Fry in deep hot oil (350°) until crab cakes are brown and float to the top. Drain on paper towels.
Transfer crab cakes to a warm serving platter. Serve immediately with tartar sauce.