Chesapeake Bay Crab Cakes
Yield: 12 crab cakes
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise, divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 large egg
- 4 saltine crackers, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 or 4 drops hot sauce
- 1 pound fresh lump crabmeat, drained
- Tartar Sauce
- Garnishes: fresh chives, lemon slices
- Stir together 3 tablespoons mayonnaise, 3/4 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning, and next 6 ingredients in a medium bowl; gently stir in crabmeat.
- Shape into 12 patties. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Stir together remaining 3 tablespoons mayonnaise and remaining 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning; spread evenly on crab cakes. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. (Do not overbake.) Garnish, if desired, and serve with Tartar Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chesapeake Bay Crab Cakes Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Appetizers