Chesapeake Bay Crab Cake Sandwiches
Yield: 12 servings
- 2 slices white bread
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper
- 2 pounds claw crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 3 cups fine dry breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil
- 12 sandwich buns, split
- Commercial tartar sauce
- Place bread in a large mixing bowl with water to cover; let stand 5 minutes. Drain, squeezing excess water from bread; return to mixing bowl. Add eggs, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, salt, mustard, and pepper; mix well. Fold in crabmeat.
- Shape mixture into 12 patties; roll each in breadcrumbs. Fry in deep hot oil (350°) until golden brown, turning once. Drain on paper towels.
- Place 1 crab cake in each bun. Serve warm with tartar sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches