I have served this at parties for many years - everyone loves it and wants the recipe. I've also made it as the main course for a Mexican style dinner with a side of Spanish rice and soft tortillas.
Cheryl's Taco Dip
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) lean ground beef browned
- 1/2 package(s) Low sodium taco seasoning
- Creamy Bottom
- 1 package(s) 8 oz Cream cheese softened
- 3 tablespoon(s) mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoon(s) sour cream
- 1 tablespoon(s) worchestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon(s) lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cummin powder
- Large jar of favorite salsa
- 1 Red pepper (optional) finely chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) Green Onion (optional) sliced or chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) Fresh mushrooms (optional) sliced or chopped
- 2 cup(s) Shredded Mexican Cheese
- Lightly brown the ground beef, removing the grease. Add part package of taco seasoning, stir together, set aside (do not dry out beef, add a bit of water if necessary).
- Mix together with a beater Creamy Bottom ingredients, spoon into bottom of 9x13" pan.
- Cover with ground beef mixture.
- Pour salsa on top of ground beef (I use a small jar of Harris Teeter black bean & corn salsa and a part jar of regular medium Pace salsa)
- Add optional pepper, onion and mushrooms, top with cheese and bake in a 350 degree oven until cheese is melted.
- Serve warm with taco chips.
- Can be reheated nicely in a microwave.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CherylB61 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cheryl's Taco Dip Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Dips/Spreads