Cherry - Walnut Bites
This recipe is a bit expensive because of the dried cherries (buy em on sale), but it is so worth it!!! And, it is full of antioxidants with the dark chocolate. Remember all good things in moderation, each bit is approx. 96 calories.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) dried sour cherries finely chopped
- 8 medjool dates pitted finely chopped
- 2/3 cup(s) walnut pieces
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoon(s) dark chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoon(s) unsweetened shredded coconut plus more for rolling
- Add FINELY chopped cherries, dates, and walnuts in a large bowl. Add orange juice, cinnamon, chocolate ships, and coconut. Mix together with hands, working into a sticky mass. Mixture should hold together; if necessary, add another chopped date or a little more juice.
- Clean hands keeping them slightly wet, roll mix into walnut size balls. Roll in excess shredded coconut, if you desire.
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge. They become firmer as they cool
- Nutritional content per serving:
- 96 calories; 3 g fat (0g mono, 2g poly, 1g sat.); 1g protein, 10g carb, 1g fiber, 2mg sodium
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Soulista1 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cherry - Walnut Bites Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Snacks