More From Southern Living
Stand: 10 Minutes
Bake: 25 Minutes
- 1 (6-oz.) package dried cherries
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup SPLENDA Brown Sugar Blend, firmly packed
- 3/4 cup butter, cut into cubes
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. Pour boiling water to cover over dried cherries, and let stand 10 minutes; drain well, and set aside.
- 2. Combine flour and brown sugar blend in a large bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender until crumbly. Press 2 1/2 cups crumb mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch pan.
- 3. Stir together sour cream, egg, and baking soda; add to remaining crumb mixture in bowl, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in cherries. Pour sour cream mixture over prepared crust in pan; sprinkle evenly with walnuts.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool completely on a wire rack, and cut into bars.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note