I served this at home as a side dish, so instead of spending the time to make so many small ones, I made 5 large ones. They tasted very good!
Cherry Tomatoes with Broccoli Filling
Think of cherry tomatoes as healthy, edible serving bowls for children. We filled ours with a creamy broccoli concoction. For other hearty stuffers, try chicken or tuna salad. On the lighter side, a corn salad would be tasty and easy for kids to manage.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 86
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 3g
- Carbohydrate: 8g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
- Sodium: 260mg
- 48 cherry or grape tomatoes (about 2 pints)
- 1 10-oz. package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Salt and pepper
- Slice tops off tomatoes; reserve. Use a small spoon or melon baller to scoop out pulp; discard pulp. Invert tomatoes onto paper towels, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to fill
- Squeeze as much moisture as possible from broccoli and pat dry with paper towels. Place in bowl of a food processor and add mayonnaise, sour cream, Parmesan and crushed red pepper. Pulse a few times to thoroughly mix, but do not completely puree. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Spoon 1 tsp. filling into each tomato, mounding filling slightly. Set tops on filling. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note