Cherry Tomatoes Stuffed with Mozzarella and Basil
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella, cut into tiny dice (to yield about 1-1/4 cup)
- 3 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp. freshly grated lemon zest (from about a quarter of a lemon)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pint (about 18) cherry tomatoes, rinsed and stems removed
- In a medium bowl, stir the cheese, oil, basil, zest, 1/2 tsp. kosher salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 4 hours before assembling.
- When ready to assemble, slice each tomato in half (either direction is all right) and scoop out the insides with the small end of a melon baller or a teaspoon. Sprinkle lightly with salt. Invert onto a paper towel and let the tomatoes drain for 15 min.
- Fill each tomato half with a scant teaspoon of the cheese mixture and arrange on a serving tray. Serve immediately as an hors d’oeuvre, or wrap and refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
- nutrition information (per serving):
- Size : based on six servings; Calories (kcal): 180; Fat (g): 14; Fat Calories (kcal): 130; Saturated Fat (g): 6; Protein (g): 10; Monounsaturated Fat (g): 7; Carbohydrates (g): 4; Polyunsaturated Fat (g): 1; Sodium (mg): 390; Cholesterol (mg): 20; Fiber (g): 1;
- photo: Scott Phillips
- From Fine Cooking 79, pp. 48
- July 1, 2006
This recipe is a personal recipe added by batesballard22 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cherry Tomatoes Stuffed with Mozzarella and Basil Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers