I use this recipe as a base for adding my own ingredients. I add white wine, mushrooms, feta and eggplant or squash.
Cherry Tomato Spaghetti with Toasted Pine Nuts
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 365
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 11.2g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.2g
- Protein: 11.2g
- Carbohydrate: 56.4g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 3.3mg
- Sodium: 395mg
- Calcium: 39mg
- 2 (1-ounce) slices sandwich bread
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 3 cups red cherry tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place bread in a food processor; pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs measure 1 cup. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons oil and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder; pulse to combine.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add breadcrumb mixture to pan; cook 2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove from pan; set aside.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in pan. Add tomatoes to pan; cook for 3 minutes or until tomatoes begin to wrinkle. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and garlic; cook 30 seconds. Cover; reduce heat to low.
- Cook pasta according to the package directions, omitting salt and fat. Add pasta, remaining 2 teaspoons oil, basil, pine nuts, salt, and pepper to tomato mixture, stirring to combine. Toss pasta with breadcrumbs; serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cherry Tomato Spaghetti with Toasted Pine Nuts Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This