- 2 (1-ounce) slices sandwich bread
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 3 cups red cherry tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- calories 365
- caloriesfromfat 28 %
- fat 11.2 g
- satfat 1.2 g
- monofat 5.1 g
- polyfat 3.2 g
- protein 11.2 g
- carbohydrate 56.4 g
- fiber 3.5 g
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
- iron 3.3 mg
- sodium 395 mg
- calcium 39 mg
How to Make It
Place bread in a food processor; pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs measure 1 cup. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons oil and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder; pulse to combine.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add breadcrumb mixture to pan; cook 2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove from pan; set aside.
Heat 1 teaspoon oil in pan. Add tomatoes to pan; cook for 3 minutes or until tomatoes begin to wrinkle. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and garlic; cook 30 seconds. Cover; reduce heat to low.
Cook pasta according to the package directions, omitting salt and fat. Add pasta, remaining 2 teaspoons oil, basil, pine nuts, salt, and pepper to tomato mixture, stirring to combine. Toss pasta with breadcrumbs; serve immediately.