So simple and light - so delicious!! My husband loves it and keeps asking me to make it again and again and so I do!!
Easy Cherry Tomato Pasta Sauce
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Kristen Shelton Fielder
More From Coastal Living
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 (10- to 16-ounce) container red cherry or grape tomatoes, halved if large
- 1 (10- to 16-ounce) container yellow cherry or grape tomatoes, halved if large
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- Hot cooked pasta
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese or fresh mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and red pepper; cook, stirring constantly, 1 to 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, salt, and black pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes. (If tomatoes stay whole during cooking, pierce each one with the tip of a knife to release juices; cook 1 or 2 more minutes.) Remove from heat; stir in basil.
- 2. Divide pasta among serving bowls; top with tomato sauce, cheese, pine nuts, and additional black pepper, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note