Love this recipe! Easy to make, refreshing, and sooo good! I also sometimes add Balsamic for a change. This is a great recipe for lunch, a side for dinner, or even a snack. Love to make this one for potlucks and picnics too!
Cherry Tomato and Mozzarella Salad
This version of the classic tomato and mozzarella salad uses cherry tomatoes which are tossed with small balls of mozzarella, basil and olive oil.
Yield: Makes 8 appetizer servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 140
- Calories from fat: 71%
- Protein: 6.9g
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Carbohydrate: 4.3g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Sodium: 123mg
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- 4 cups (1 1/4 lb.) Sweet 100 or Sungold cherry tomatoes (or a mixture), rinsed and stemmed
- 8 ounces small balls fresh mozzarella cheese (often labeled bocconcini), drained
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, rinsed
- About 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse sea salt
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half with a sharp knife. Cut bocconcini in half. Tear basil leaves into small pieces. In a bowl, gently mix cherry tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle lightly with salt; add more oil and salt to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This