Cherry Tomato Frittata with Corn, Basil, and Parmesan
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Egg Breakfast
- Combining fresh cherry tomatoes, sweet corn and aromatic basil, this frittata showcases summer ingredients at their peak of flavor.
- 10 eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 6 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
- 3 Tbs. finely chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 1/4 tsp. kosher salt, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbs. unsalted butter
- Kernels cut from 1 ear of corn (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 pint small cherry tomatoes
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, 4 oz. of the goat cheese, 2 Tbs. of the basil, the lemon zest, the 1 1/4 tsp. salt, the red pepper flakes and black pepper. Set aside.
- In the deep half of a frittata pan over medium heat, melt 1 Tbs. of the butter. Add the corn and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the egg mixture and cook, gently scraping the sides and bottom of the pan with a rubber spatula to allow the uncooked eggs to flow underneath, about 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to low, place the shallow pan upside down on top of the deep pan and cook until the frittata is partially set, about 5 minutes. Remove the shallow pan and arrange the cherry tomatoes and the remaining 2 oz. goat cheese on top of the frittata. Cover with the shallow pan and cook until the eggs are almost completely set, 7 to 9 minutes more.
- Remove the shallow pan, set it over medium heat and melt the remaining 1 Tbs. butter. Place the shallow pan upside down on top of the deep pan and flip the frittata into the shallow pan. Cook, covered, until the eggs are completely set, about 3 minutes. Flip the frittata back into the deep pan, remove the shallow pan and gently shake the deep pan to loosen the frittata.
- Slide the frittata onto a cutting board. Top with the remaining 1 Tbs. basil and a sprinkle of salt. Cut into 8 wedges and serve. Serves 8.
- Williams-Sonoma Kitchen.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by batesballard22 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cherry Tomato Frittata with Corn, Basil, and Parmesan Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch