delicious! I decreased the orange juice to 1/4 cup and also used light mayonnaise and light sour cream; this recipe serves 4 (decrease chicken in half= 2 cups) *also makes great salad: mixed greens, mandaring oranges, red grapes, bleu cheese and sugared walnuts topped with chicken salad
Cherry-Tarragon Chicken Salad
Look for dried cherries on a hanging rack in the produce department or with the other dried fruit in your grocery store.
More From Southern Living
Chill: 2 Hours
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 4 cups chopped, cooked chicken
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Bring juice and cherries to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 to 12 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 1/4 cup. Remove from heat, and cool slightly. Pour mixture into a large bowl; stir in chicken and next 6 ingredients, tossing to coat. Cover and chill at least 2 hours. Serve with crackers.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note