This is my all time favorite jam recipe! So easy & it is delicious! We have a cherry tree & rhubarb in the yard so I'm always looking for uses/combos for using the different fruit we have. I double the amount & freeze it (it freezes/thaws out well). You can't go wrong with this recipe!
Cherry Rhubarb Jam
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 26
- Calories from fat: 1%
- Protein: 0.1g
- Fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 6.5g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Sodium: 4.4mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 2 1/2 tablespoons (half a 1 3/4-oz. package) Sure-Jell pectin labeled "For less or no sugar needed recipes"
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 1/2 cups coarsely chopped Bing cherries (from about 1 lb. fruit)
- 1 cup chopped rhubarb
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened cherry juice*
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon butter (prevents foaming)
- 1. Combine pectin and 1/4 cup sugar in a 5- to 6-qt. pot. Stir in cherries and rhubarb, then cherry and lemon juices and butter. Bring mixture to a brisk boil over high heat, stirring often.
- 2. Add remaining 1 1/4 cups sugar. Return jam to a brisk boil, stirring. Cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- 3. Ladle jam into heatproof jars and close with lids. Let cool to room temperature, inverting jars occasionally to distribute fruit. Keeps, chilled, up to 1 month.
- *We used Trader Joe's Just Cherry juice.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per tbsp.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments