- 2 1/2 tablespoons (half a 1 3/4-oz. package) Sure-Jell pectin labeled "For less or no sugar needed recipes"
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 1/2 cups coarsely chopped Bing cherries (from about 1 lb. fruit)
- 1 cup chopped rhubarb
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened cherry juice*
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon butter (prevents foaming)
- calories 26
- caloriesfromfat 1 %
- protein 0.1 g
- fat 0.0 g
- carbohydrate 6.5 g
- fiber 0.2 g
- sodium 4.4 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Combine pectin and 1/4 cup sugar in a 5- to 6-qt. pot. Stir in cherries and rhubarb, then cherry and lemon juices and butter. Bring mixture to a brisk boil over high heat, stirring often.
Add remaining 1 1/4 cups sugar. Return jam to a brisk boil, stirring. Cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Remove from heat.
Ladle jam into heatproof jars and close with lids. Let cool to room temperature, inverting jars occasionally to distribute fruit. Keeps, chilled, up to 1 month.
*We used Trader Joe's Just Cherry juice.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per tbsp.