Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 9" pie crust
- 2 pound(s) sour cherries pitted
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 1/3 cup(s) flour
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) almond extract
- 1 egg white lightly beaten
- SERVINGS: 8
- ACTIVE TIME: 35 min
- TOTAL TIME: 1 hr 5 min
- KEY TAGS:
- dessert baking pie sour cherries summer
- 1. Line a 9-inch pie plate with half of the pie dough; refrigerate until time to use.
- 2. In a saucepan, mix together the cherries, sugar, flour, and almond extract. Bring the mixture to a boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring. Cool to room temperature.
- 3. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Brush the chilled bottom crust with egg white. Spoon the cooled cherry filling into the crust. Cover the filling with top crust. Trim the excess dough, leaving a 1-inch overhang. With water, moisten the rims of the top and bottom crusts where they meet, then turn the top crust under the bottom and crimp the edges decoratively. Cut a few slits in the top to allow steam to escape.
- 4. Bake for 35 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by sandniel and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cherry Pie Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Pies/Pastries