- 2 (16-ounce) cans pitted tart cherries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Lattice-Crust Pastry
- 1/4 cup milk
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Drain cherries, reserving 3/4 cup juice. Set cherries aside.
- Combine juice, sugar, and flour in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat, and stir in cherries.
- Spoon filling evenly into pastry shell. Arrange pastry strips in lattice design over filling; seal edges. Pastry strips may be brushed with milk to insure even browning. Bake at 375° for 45 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts