- Reynolds® Parchment Paper
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups quick oats, uncooked
- 1 pkg. (12 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries, drained and quartered
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons water
How to Make It
PREHEAT oven to 375°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with Reynolds Parchment Paper; set aside.
COMBINE flour, baking soda, and salt on a sheet of parchment paper; set aside.
CREAM brown sugar, butter and sugar together in a large bowl, with an electric mixer 2 to 3 minutes or until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, milk and vanilla. Reduce speed to low. Gradually add flour mixture, mixing well after each addition; beat until well blended. Stir in oats, chocolate chunks, nuts and cherries until well blended. Drop by rounded tablespoons 2 inches apart onto parchment-lined cookie sheet.
BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Slide parchment paper with cookies onto a wire rack to cool.
STIR together powdered sugar and water in a small bowl. Drizzle over cooled cookies on parchment paper.
REYNOLDS KITCHENS TIP: Dry the cherries well with paper towels to prevent the cherry juice from adding a pink color to the dough.