Cherry Linzer Bars
1992 McCall's Favorite Christmas Ideas (cream cheese crust- sounds yummy!)
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 8 ounce(s) cream cheese
- 1 cup(s) butter softened
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour unsifted
- 1 teaspoon(s) almond extract
- 21 ounce(s) cherry pie filling coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1. In food processor, mix cream cheese with water until blended. Add flour and almond extract; process until dough forms a ball, Divide in half; shape each half into a 1/2in thick disk. Wrap each with plastic wrap; chill 30 minutes.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350F. On well-floured board, roll out half of dough into a 15x10 in rectangle. Place in 15x10x1in jelly roll pan; spoon pie filling over dough.
- 3. Roll out remaining dough into 15x10in rectangle; sprinkle with sugar. Using a fluted pastry wheel, cut lengthwise into 3/4in strips. Arrange strips lengthwise and about 1in apart over filling and diagonally and 1in apart across filling, cutting strips as necessary to fit. Place remaining strips around edges of pan.
- 4. Bale 50 minutes, or until pastry is golden and filling is bubbly. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into 3 in squares.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by NurseELB and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cherry Linzer Bars Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts