Cherry and Lemon-Ricotta Gratin
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 194
- Fat: 6.2g
- Saturated fat: 2.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 8.5g
- Carbohydrate: 27.7g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 16mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 117mg
- Calcium: 165mg
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1 (15-ounce) carton part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon crème de cassis (black currant–flavored liqueur)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet cherries, pitted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large egg whites
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. Combine rind and ricotta in a medium bowl; set aside.
- 2. Combine juice, liqueur, and pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle 3 tablespoons sugar evenly in a 12-inch ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat; cook 2 minutes or until sugar starts to melt. Add cherries to pan; cook 2 minutes without stirring. Pour cassis mixture over cherries; cook 2 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- 3. Preheat broiler.
- 4. Combine remaining 3 tablespoons sugar, salt, and egg whites in the top of a double boiler; place over simmering water. Cook 2 minutes or until a thermometer registers 140°, stirring constantly with a whisk. Remove from heat; beat with a mixer at high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold one-fourth of egg white mixture into ricotta mixture until blended; fold in remaining egg white mixture. Spoon ricotta mixture evenly over cherries using 1/4-cup measure. Broil 3 minutes or until topping is browned. Top evenly with almonds.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts