- 2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 dozen each candied red and green cherries, halved
- Lemon Glaze
How to Make It
Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed of an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add egg yolk, lemon rind, and lemon juice, beating well. Add flour, beating until blended. Cover and chill dough 2 hours.
Shape dough into 1" balls. Place 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten each ball into a 1 1/2" disc. Press a candied cherry half in center of each cookie.
Bake at 350° for 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are barely golden. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire racks, and cool completely. Drizzle lightly with Lemon Glaze. Let stand until glaze sets.