Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lynn Nesmith
Yield: Makes 8 servings
More From Coastal Living
Bake: 25 Minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 3/4 cup whole milk or lowfat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.
- 2. Combine first 7 ingredients in a food processor; pulse until blended. Add butter; pulse until mixture is size of small peas.
- 3. Transfer flour mixture to a bowl; stir in cherries and ginger. Combine milk and vanilla; add to flour mixture, stirring just until dough comes together. (Mixture will be sticky.)
- 4. Form dough into an 8-inch round disc; cut into 8 equal wedges. Separate scones, and place several inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
- 5. Bake 25 minutes or until lightly golden. Transfer to a wire rack; serve warm or at room temperature.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This