- 1 (16-ounce) can pitted tart red cherries, undrained
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons corn starch
- 4 drops red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Drain cherries, reserving liquid (add water, if necessary, to make 1 cup). Set aside.
- Combine corn syrup, sugar, and cornstarch in a small saucepan; stir well. Add reserved cherry liquid and food coloring; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until smooth and thickened. Stir in drained cherries and almond extract.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note