- 1 (16-ounce) can pitted tart red cherries, undrained
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons corn starch
- 4 drops red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Drain cherries, reserving liquid (add water, if necessary, to make 1 cup). Set aside.
- Combine corn syrup, sugar, and cornstarch in a small saucepan; stir well. Add reserved cherry liquid and food coloring; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until smooth and thickened. Stir in drained cherries and almond extract.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This