1. Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat, stirring just until melted. Remove pan from heat, and add 1 cup white chocolate morsels. (Do not stir.)
2. Beat eggs at high speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes or until foamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until blended. Stir in white chocolate mixture and almond extract, stirring until blended. Add flour and salt, stirring just until blended. Spread half of batter into a lightly greased and floured 8-inch square pan.
3. Bake at 325° for 20 minutes or until light golden brown.
4. Melt 1/2 cup cherry preserves in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring often. Spread evenly over partially baked blondies in pan. Stir together coconut, remaining 1 cup white chocolate morsels, and remaining half of batter; spread over melted cherry preserves, spreading to edges of pan. Sprinkle batter with 1/2 cup sliced almonds.
5. Bake at 325° for 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Note: To freeze, tightly wrap baked bars in aluminum foil. Place in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag; seal bag, and freeze up to 2 months. Let thaw at room temperature before cutting.
Raspberry-Filled White Chocolate Blondies: Substitute 1/2 cup seedless raspberry preserves for cherry preserves. Proceed with recipe as directed.
Apricot-Filled White Chocolate Blondies: Substitute 1/2 cup apricot preserves for cherry preserves. Proceed with recipe as directed.