- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups finely chopped pecans
- Candied red cherries, halved
- Cream butter in a large mixing bowl. Add sugar, syrup, and egg yolks; beat well. Gradually add flour, stirring well.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Dip each ball into lightly beaten egg whites; roll in pecans, coating well.
- Place 2 inches apart on lightly greased cookie sheets. Press a cherry half into center of each cookie. Bake at 325° for 20 to 25 minutes. Cool slightly on cookie sheets. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note