Yield: 4 1/2 dozen
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups finely chopped pecans
- Candied red cherries, halved
- Cream butter in a large mixing bowl. Add sugar, syrup, and egg yolks; beat well. Gradually add flour, stirring well.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Dip each ball into lightly beaten egg whites; roll in pecans, coating well.
- Place 2 inches apart on lightly greased cookie sheets. Press a cherry half into center of each cookie. Bake at 325° for 20 to 25 minutes. Cool slightly on cookie sheets. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cookies