Cherry Cream Cheese Pie
Yield: 8 to 10 Servings
- 1 pkg. (14 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 oz.) Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8 or 9-inch) prepared graham cracker or baked pie crust
- 1 can (21 oz.) cherry pie filling, chilled
- BEAT cream cheese until fluffy in large bowl. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Stir in lemon juice and vanilla.
- POUR into crust; chill 4 hours or until set. Top with desired amount of cherry pie filling before serving.
- TOPPING VARIATIONS
- BLUEBERRY: Omit cherry pie filling. Combine 1/4 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon cornstarch in medium bowl; mix well. Add 1/2 cup water, 2 tablespoons lemon juice then 2 cup fresh or dry-pack frozen blueberries, thawed; mix well. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes or until thick and clear. Cool 10 minutes, stirring constantly. Cool 15 minutes. Spread over pie. Chill thoroughly.
- CRANBERRY: Omit cherry pie filling. Combine 1/3 cups sugar and 1 tablespoon cornstarch in medium saucepan. Add 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons cold water and 2 cups fresh or dry-pack frozen cranberries; mix well. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Spread over pie. Chill thoroughly.
- FRESH FRUIT: Omit cherry pie filling. Just before serving, arrange well-drained fresh strawberries, banana slices (dipped in lemon juice and well drained) and blueberries on top of chilled pie. Brush fruit with light corn syrup if desired.
- AMBROSIA: Omit cherry pie filling. Combine 1/2 cup Smucker's® Peach or Apricot Preserves, 1/4 cup flaked coconut, 2 tablespoons orange juice and 2 teaspoons cornstarch in small saucepan; cook and stir until thickened. Remove from heat. Arrange fresh orange sections over top of pie; top with coconut mixture. Chill thoroughly.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cherry Cream Cheese Pie Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Pies/Pastries
More Recipes for Pies/Pastries