Cherry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/4 C all-purpose flour
- 2 T granulated sugar
- 2 T light brown sugar
- 2 T cold butter cut into small pieces
- 3 T sliced almonds
- Cream Cheese
- 4 oz light cream cheese, softened
- 3 T granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 C all-purpose flour
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/4 t salt
- 6 T unsalted butter
- 2/3 C granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 t vanilla extract
- 1/4 t almond extract
- 2/3 C milk
- 2 C pitted cherries
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Coat a 9" square pan with cooking spray.
- 2. To prepare the streusel, combine flour, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or two knives until crumbly. Stir in almonds.
- 3. To prepare the cream cheese, combine cream cheese and granulated sugar, stir until smooth.
- 4. To prepare the cake, beat butter, granulated sugar, egg, and vanilla and almond extracts until evenly blended. Turn to low speed, add flour, baking powder, and salt alternately with milk; beat until blended. Pour into prepared pan. Top with small spoonfuls of cheese mixture. Top with cherries and sprinkle with streusel.
- 5. Bake 50 minutes or until cake begins to pull away from sides of pan. Cool on wire rack. Serve warm.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LauraSzejna and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note