- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 3 tablespoons sifted powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup drained and chopped maraschino cherries
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
How to Make It
Cream butter in a medium mixing bowl; gradually add 1 cup flour and powdered sugar, beating well. Press mixture evenly into a lightly greased 8- inch square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
Beat eggs in a medium mixing bowl until foamy; add 1 cup sugar, remaining flour, baking powder, salt, vanilla, coconut, cherries, and pecans, mixing well. Spread evenly over baked pastry. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Cool completely in pan. Cut into 2- x 1-inch bars to serve.