Fun special recipe!
The batter for this traditional French dessert is somewhere between that of a cake and a custard; it most resembles a thick crepe, and it takes no more than 10 minutes to prepare it in the blender. Adapted from a recipe in You Can Trust a Skinny Cook by Allison Fishman, this gorgeous dessert can be made, baked, cooled, garnished, and ready to eat in one hour.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pint black cherries (2 heaping cups), stemmed, or 1 (12-ounce) package frozen cherries, thawed
- Confectioners' sugar for serving
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400°. Generously coat a 10-inch cast iron skillet with the butter.
- 2. Process the eggs and next 5 ingredients in a blender until well blended. Add the flour and process until smooth and well blended.
- 3. Scatter the cherries in the prepared skillet and pour the batter over them. Bake until puffed and golden, about 30 minutes. Lightly dust with confectioners' sugar before serving, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note