- 1 cup butter, softened (no substitutions)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Argo® OR Kingsford's® Corn Starch
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dried cherries
- 1 ounce bittersweet OR semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon shortening
How to Make It
MIX butter, sugar and almond extract thoroughly using an electric mixer. Gradually blend in flour and corn starch. Add cherries and chocolate.
FORM into 1-inch balls and place on ungreased baking sheets. Pour sugar on a small plate; dip bottom of drinking glass in sugar and gently press down on each cookie to flatten.
BAKE in a preheated 300°F oven for 20 to 30 minutes, or until bottoms begin to brown.
COOL 5 minutes; remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
PLACE 2 ounces chocolate and shortening in a small resealable plastic bag. Microwave on HIGH for about 30 seconds, until chocolate is melted. Snip off corner and drizzle over cookies.