Good, easy and quick recipe. Very little fat but tastes light and airy good. I cut the sugar by 1/3 of what the recipe called for because the chocolate chips already add sweetness to it and it's perfect. I also substituted pecans for the walnuts and dried cranberries for the cherries because that's what I had on hand. This satisfied my craving for a chocolate muffin.
Ready for a tea party? A baby or wedding shower? Maybe you just want to bake something special for breakfast? We have the perfect recipe-these comforting goodies pair well with a cuppa, a large mug of joe or a tall glass of cold milk. Each one is simple enough for even a novice baker and-we promise-absolutely delicious!
More From Allyou
- Calories: 246
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Protein: 5g
- Carbohydrate: 31g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 31mg
- Sodium: 167mg
- 3/4 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup dried sour cherries
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, optional
- Move rack to center of oven. Preheat oven to 375°F. Thoroughly grease a 12-cup muffin tin and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt 1/4 cup chocolate chips and butter over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is nearly smooth. Remove from heat. In the following order, add granulated sugar and egg; then cocoa powder, baking powder and salt at once; and then milk, whisking after each addition until blended. Whisk in flour until nearly smooth. Stir in walnuts, cherries and remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. Bake until springy to touch, about 20 minutes. Let cool in pan for 15 minutes.
- Scrape down sides of each muffin cup with a knife to release muffins and then unmold. Let cool slightly on racks. If desired, dust tops with a little confectioners' sugar before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note